Now, for the news...
- (Don't forget, lovelies! If you have read the book and left a review on Amazon or Goodreads, please click here to request your free Blood of the Son bookmark! I want to give you guys a small token of my appreciation for your support!)
- Book 2, Sins of the Father, is complete! I sent it off to my editor, Sandy, last week and we are ahead of schedule for the August 7th release! I've got my fingers crossed that I can get it out even earlier for you guys. I can't promise, but I am going to try my damnedest...
- We did the photo shoot for the second book cover a few weeks ago. My gorgeous sister Kellie was, once again, my model and I brought in a new photographer, Patrick Conlin of Conlin Photography to shoot this go'round. We went out to the oldest cemetery in Austin, the amazing Oakwood Cemetery, to get the shots I was looking for and I can't even begin to tell you how pleased I am! The photos he took turned out absolutely amazing! There are so many perfect pictures to choose from, so I am really going to have a tough time choosing which to use for this cover. On the plus side, we got so many pictures that I have enough for at least four more book covers! It's so hard working around everyone's crazy schedules and it's a true miracle when we actually do get together to do this type of thing.
- I want to take a quick second to thank everyone who who worked on the shoot: Patrick Conlin, Kellie Albanese, Eva Lee Phillips-Friedman, and Rick Friedman. I can NOT imagine working with a greater group of people! You guys are completely amazing, true professionals, and such a blessing to me. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for all of your hard work and patience. I absolutely adore you guys!
- Book 3, (currently untitled), is in the works. I started it a week ago and am hoping to have it finished in a couple of months. I'm shooting for a late October 2012 release date for it, fingers crossed. Some crazy things will be happening in book three and I am so stoked!!! Writing this book is going to be an absolute blast, I can just feel it.
Kellie saw this headstone next to the Mausoleum that we were shooting at and was just messing around, but man, the photo came out amazing! She is stunning, don't you think? :)
(Fun Fact: My sister Kellie was totally my inspiration when I was developing Skye's character...right down to the clothes, which are all her's BTW! A lot of Skye's personality is my own, but physically, she's all Kellie. Pretty hot, huh? LOL!)
Thanks for stopping by, lovelies! I hope you all have a great Summer and I'll update you again soon!